So I asked for caption submissions for that Swamp Thing/Starfire/Robin pic, and several of you delivered some good lines. I have picked this one as the winner, emailed to me in that time-honored format of the gag motivational poster:
That’s from reader Michael (whose fine first name had no influence upon my decision), and you can visit his website, with many more funnybook-related motivational posters like the above, at Michael Paciocco’s Mind.
Thank you, Michael, and thank you to everyone else who contributed!
In other news:
- Tim O’Neil writes smart about the passing of Dwayne McDuffie and the great value of his work.
- Siskoid has his tribute to Doctor Who‘s Nicholas Courtney, in the form of unauthorized Dr. Who CCG game cards.
- So that Chris Sims guy has a story in Image Comics’ Skullkickers #6 and would like you to buy it. I have read it, and it is the kind of subtle, thoughtful and heartstring-tugging work you’ve come to expect from anything with the name “Chris Sims” slapped on it. Very recommended.
- Speaking of Sims, he and Matt interview Kevin Church in the latest War Rocket Ajax episode. BONUS: episode title comes from something mentioned during the show that I found on a message board five years ago. Good memories, those guys.
- I’m not big on this type of fighting game, but after seeing some footage of the Galactus battles in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, I’m intrigued. Here’s an article with some details on his appearance in the game, and an embedded video showing the big guy in action (short ad at beginning of video, Galactus shows up at the 45 second mark).
- And now, for no good reason other than that my pal Corey pointed out to me that it was up on the YouTube, here is one of my all-time favorite SNL sketches:
It’s not so much that it’s laugh-out-loud funny as it is just damned peculiar.