REMINDER: today is the day that Swamp Thing and Animal Man finally meet (after that sorta fake-out in the Animal Man annual), kicking off that “Rotworld” crossover hoohar in their twelfth issues. …They meet, they fight until they realize they’re on the same side, and then they team up and fly off into space to fight Galactus. It’s totally awesome. (You can see the diptych image from both covers on this page.)
Also out this week is Spawn #222, which will not only kick off a whole new round of people saying “oh, Spawn, that’s still coming out?” but also gives us another Spidey-tweaking cover to join last month’s:
Specifically, Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-Man #316, respectively. …I don’t know, I kinda think these are funny, especially with that “SPAWN IS AMAZING” cover coming out the same week as The Amazing Spider-Man movie.
In other news:
- Bully, the Little Stuffed Bull That Researches Comics Like Ten Little Stuffed Bulls, amazes again with this tribute to a specific characteristic of the work of Adam Hughes.
- Alan David Doane’s Comic Book Galaxy (for which I wrote a comics retailing column during one of its previous iterations) has returned as a daily link-blog complied by Doane, who provides his own unique viewpoint to the material presented.
- For some very odd reason, even after seeing that stupid ad on the backs of comics for decades, I never put that ad together with the DC Comics mini-series until pal Andrew’s latest Nobody’s Favorites entry.
- Music cues from the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon, for all your jazzy superhero music needs. (Be sure to read this historical overview of Spidey’s ’60s soundtracks.) (via Cartoon Brew)
- Daniel “Copernicus Jones” Butler draws Best Batman.
- I can never get enough Flop. Never.