…because pulling a Kirby pose takes a lot out of a man:
- A couple of Comico’s founders, who work on the CO2 Comics site, noticed that I posted an old Comico promo kit and were, thankfully, amused by it. Also, they promise to post some other items from those early days of indie comics, which I’m looking forward to.
Oh, and dig this: they’re posting pages from old Steve Lafler Dog Boy comics. Man, I do love the Dog Boy. And if you go over there and read some for free, maybe you’ll love Dog Boy, too!
- Customer Kevin posted a pic of a guy in a jetback on his sketchblog. Who doesn’t like guys in jetbacks? Jetpacks are awesome.
- Due to increased interest in Jonah Hex (thanks to the movie, which hopefully won’t kill all interest in the character once it’s released), Dwayne at Matching Dragoons has put together some links to posts on his site giving newcomers plenty of background on just who this fella with the funny-lookin’ face is.
- By the way, did you know that pal Ian, one of the charter members of the Associated Comics and Pop Culture Webloggers of Ventura County, CA And Outlying Environs (which is, as always, ACAPCWOVCCAOE for short) is writing the new Darkwing Duck comic book from Boom! Studios, which debuted this week? Maybe if the boy wasn’t so shy and told us something about it on his Twitter feed….
But seriously, I’m totally picking this up because Ian’s a pal and…well, I said either here or on my own Twitter feed that I’ve not seen frame one of a Darkwing Duck cartoon, and my awareness of the character is primarily from seeing him on the covers of the previous comic book appearances. But I’ll give it a try anyway. And if I end up not liking it, I’ll make Ian pay me back.
QUOTES YOU WON’T SEE ON THE EVENTUAL TRADE PAPERBACK:
“…If I end up not liking it, I’ll make Ian pay me back.”
–Mike Sterling, funnybook salesman, blog dork
It does look good, based on my quick flip-through, so I imagine Ian’s pocketbook is safe. For now.
- Unrepentant Smurfs fan that I am, I’m so totally looking forward to the Smurfs movie:
…Especially since I found out (and I realize this is fairly old news, but it’s new to me) that Jonathan Winters is voicing Papa Smurf.
Here, let me repeat that for you:
JONATHAN. WINTERS. AS. PAPA. SMURF.
Oh, that I live in an age of miracles such as this.