Some things happening in the online world of comics and love:
- War Rocket Ajax has come to deck your halls with fists, as it jingles all the way, baby, in a brand new podcast. Chris “Kringle” Sims and Eugene Kwanz-Ahn have asked Rick Remender to lead their sleigh tonight in another one of their patented wreath-pounding interviews. You won’t find this under your tree or stuffed in your stocking…you can only find it right here!
- Andrew brings us a special installment of Nobody’s Favorites, as he looks at those comic characters that, despite a history of consistent misuse and/or just plain outright lameness, still manage to cling to a vocal fanbase. It’s sure to annoy someone!
- Amusing yet somewhat terrifying: Martin Wisse informs me (and the world) of this Green Man Garden Gnome…an item of interest to Swamp Thing fans given the similarities. Of course the Green Man iconography has been around a bit longer than Swampy.
- Kevin Church has a run-in with a comics dealer at a convention, and things go downhill from there.
- Dave wraps up Space Cabby Sunday by bringing us up to speed on all of SC’s post-solo series appearances. Vaya con los pollos, Space Cabby…we hardly knew you.
- The more things change, the more some folks stay the same: pal Dorian shows us Walt Kelly’s Pogo prescience.
- Speaking of pal Dorian, he sent me a link to Curt Swan’s facial expression model page for Superman. I’m pretty sure I linked to a color version of this before — at the very least, I think I have a color version around here somewhere — but it’s pretty cool to see the original here.
By the way, this is an entire Tumblr site devoted to the art of Curt Swan, and it has lots of great art (and discussion of same) for you to peruse.